Well, once upon a time
You know when you're on a sinking ship but you hold on and keep praying that you survive... and then you do? Well, I wasn't on a sinking ship this week but a very fast motorboat, if you may, and I made it to the other end. So congratulations to me. And to you, too — you made it through as well, after all. We've spent ten decent weeks this year, so massive congratulations all around. What am I doing to celebrate tonight? Well, being on my period, not much. But I did have really good pizza buns and started watching a new show on Netflix, the protagonist of which is based on a real person. I needed a break from Superstore, which I experience to be quite shouty for my ears but have nearly finished the last season now. But don't you go around giving spoilers. As they say, snitches finish last.
I like to believe I would make a very cool mom but all the moms I know make motherhood sound really boring and tedious so I don't know. If it really was all that of a blessing, why isn't everyone happier? Let me know in the comments. Or just text me.
Do you think sometimes one has to be very, very rude in order to set boundaries? I've experienced this to be the only MO with certain people. Matlab, I don't understand why people are so chipkoo sometimes, you know? I shake my head as I type this. Polite people just get stepped on over and over again and I'm not willing to be a literal doormat. On a different tangent, I remember this one time I was due to meet a friend. We had an appointment in our calendars, which was so difficult to get because the friend in question was very busy. Anyway, the day rolled around and I was very excited and very ready. Just as I was about to leave the house, the friend cancelled. And the silly person I was back then, I went over to her place anyway to deliver the home-baked goodies I'd made for her and leave right away because I had put so much effort into them. I remember walking back home feeling incredibly hurt — hurt because why couldn't people be as nice as I was? Well, my love, no one really is. And that's what I learnt and never repeated that mistake again.
Friday evening comes with so many possibilities for the following day — an entire Saturday to do whatever I want and go wherever I want but so many Saturdays have passed where I've clung to the comfort of my bedroom. I think tomorrow's the day this has got to change. I should go out! Experience the world! Carpe diem! And maybe, this time, I will.
Comments