A restful day


I recently bought a new lipstick. It was supposed to be terracotta red but ended up being true red. Maybe it'll oxidize and shift shades. But anyway, I like it and I wore it today even though I've been working from home. Just thought Friday would be a good excuse to break into something new and dress up as well. I painted my nails a matching red too. Husband said I look like a PTV News host.

I have a long weekend coming up with absolutely no plans. I wish Marie was driving up to see her parents so we could meet but she said she has exams to study for. I could go out by myself and see someplace new. Or I could stay at home and deep-clean. The latter sounds more comforting, honestly, but I'll decide when tomorrow comes around and if the weather is nice. Maybe I could just go for a simple walk and have some ice cream and call dad while I'm at it. Maybe I could continue reading Aag Ka Darya. Maybe I could window shop on my way back. Some days there are so many possibilities and so much to be grateful for every day.

The landlady gave me some chocolate today. I was surprised by the very unexpected gesture of kindness. With some people, you just don't know what to expect. Every interaction can lead to varied responses.

Work has been slow but I've been asking around to volunteer/support. I got a couple of simple but confusing tasks recently. Those kinds of tasks can be fun in the way that it's up to you to figure out how to come to a solution. In my previous job, there was a lot of more rigidity because I dealt with standardized procedures, exceptions barring natürlich. I got my midterm review coming up and have mixed feelings about it. But I'm open to anything that may come my way in the shape of feedback. Gone are the days when I lacked faith in my abilities or needed too much reassurance. When you gain so much work experience, you start believing in yourself by default. If anything, I believe that I can handle any given challenge if I have a supportive team.

What else have I been up to recently? I don't know, just logged out of my work laptop. Let the long weekend commence.

Comments