Spring cleaning

Ever since I moved to my current place a year ago, I realised how much trash I've been carrying around for the past 6 years in the name of personal belongings. So, every six months or so, I take some time out and decide which things need to go. Today it was a few articles of clothing.

  • a blue superman t-shirt that I stole from my brother 10 years ago
  • a gingham print shirt I got custom designed and was super proud of (also around 10 years ago)
  • three hand-me-down blouses from an old friend
  • a long crinkled dress I bought on a whim a few years ago, which I'm still not tall enough for
  • a very warm but wide blazer sent to me from my MIL
  • a grey sweater that I wore too much in 2020
  • a blue XL hoodie that I stole from my brother, also 10 years ago because I was a thief back then
  • a pair of pastel yellow leggings dad got for me when I first decided to leave home
  • my husband's varsity t-shirt that's unusually long for a boy
  • my husband's soft grey t-shirt which I wore everywhere and in every way until it stretched out
Oh, and I also had my husband's famous orange t-shirt in which he looked absolutely terrible (some colours really don't suit some people) but I turned it into my new dusting cloth because that's all that t-shirt's worth.

The weather's quite beautiful in this part of the world these days and I've been forcing myself to go on more walks. I can't say I've been very successful but I try. I've been feeling a little glum though because there's a lot to do and very little help around. And if anything, certain people in my vicinity have been making my life a tad bit hard these days. But I've been brave, and I will continue to be so.

What am I cooking today? Been thinking of chicken alfredo — something rich and garlicky and comforting. God bless good food for saving me during the worst weeks.

Comments