Lemons are better in the fridge
Friends are people who live with you, long after the conversation has ended. For a friendship to be alive, it isn't necessary to have a schedule to keep in touch. Sometimes, harbouring good feelings for someone is enough and remembering them and reminding them of what they mean to you (mutually). I was just thinking about the lemons and reached out to H. Sometimes when one is too afraid to ask "how are you?", something like... "this story about the lemon reminded me of you" works.
I remember all my friends, and I've been thinking a lot about them. It's a theme that follows me wherever I go. I remember the ones I talk to regularly and I remember the ones I'm not in touch with anymore. I remember the friends I text once a year hoping they'll text back and I remember the ones I've archived because they talk too much. Friends are important companions in life, and it's best to have ones who are different from you — so you can learn more and you can share more and you can see life from every angle.
Comments