9:15 PM

As the old adage goes, you give a monkey a keyboard and...

I really powered through this week so I'm going hard with my Friday evening winding-down. I've listened to this mixtape three times in a row with the volume above 40. I even skipped dinner because I was so immersed. But I think I should get myself that salad I was saving and put on a corny romcom from the early 2000s.

Looking at this picture is making me hungry. That's biryani in the making, sometime last year. God, what I'd give to have some good biryani right now, instead of that salad.

Someone I know tested positive recently. They don't believe in modern medicine and this is the second time they've been hit by the disease. I wonder if this'll change their mind. I wonder if it won't. I don't know what to believe in anymore but I injected myself with this mystery drug thrice. I've been okay so far, knock on wood. But it would make me feel a whole lot better if the people around me cared enough to not be frivolous. Well, anyway.

I had lunch alone again today and it was alright. I reminded myself I'm in my 30s and don't need an invitation anymore. Or to wait for someone to join me. That I can actually do as I please, even if what I please is to have lunch alone, away from the small talk and feigned interest. I sat in the sun for a few minutes and probably got half my face tanned but it was nice — nice sitting in the discomfort of my own being until it turned comfortable. I could do this every week. And might I add, I never have my mobile device on me. I've really stopped carrying it everywhere. Many people actually still take it to the loo. I just don't see the point. I wouldn't want to stay in there a minute longer than I need to.

Out of all the people from my past who have been trying to crawl out of the woodwork, I wish the ones I thought about the most would. I wish my friends would pick up cues. But until then, it's you and me and this blog right here. Let's reconvene another day.








Comments

SaJ said…
If I'm not from the woodwork people, you know how to reach me. Totally fine if I am though, I'll just lie here in my xylem and phloem.
TR said…
Oh, thank god you're not a woodworm