Summertime
The year's really flying by, isn't it? I love when time does this thing — it comes and goes, takes away so much with it but also remembers to bring back presents, good or bittersweet. Tomorrow, we'll blink and say half a year's gone by. And the day after, it'll be a new year's eve again. How has your year been? I feel like, for me, so much has happened in so little time — many things I never really planned but in a way hoped for. Like possibly catching a break this summer and getting to enjoy some jobless days, tied down by no corporation. Don't you wish life could be spent simply being idle, harming no one and resting in solitude?
A girl's coming to see my room today. Yes, it's time of the year to pack up and go elsewhere. I think I overstayed my welcome at my current residence and it hasn't been all pleasant so I'm very happy to leave. It's a beautiful sunny day today, unlike the first time I was here when everything was covered in inches of snow, no exaggeration. Been a while since I've seen some snow.
I've also been spring cleaning extensively. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff we hoard over time. I've been learning about my own habits and ways to not accumulate things I'm never even going to look at a second time, let alone use. Remember my mini snowglobe collection? It's in the trash as I write. Those wooden cats? About to meet the same fate. Strange and wonderful times ahead.
I recently watched the second season (finale?) of Russian Doll and don't know how I feel about it. I think I loved the first season so much more, I watched it thrice. I don't see myself doing that with the second. I also watched Anatomy of a Scandal recently and really loved it. Currently, I decided to put on a no-brainer Pakistani drama which is not worth naming but I'm enjoying not having to use my brain and also listening to the mother tongue.
One of my ongoing goals is to keep improving my Urdu as I grow older. As a child and through my younger years, I wasn't much encouraged to have good Urdu language skills but I firmly believe now that it's not too late to rectify this mistake and may in fact be just the right time.
Anyway. My mind keeps going back and forth between the paragraphs here. Been days since I put something on the blog, might as well hit that orange button now.
Comments