May I see you again

    

We're at the end of May again. Last year, at this time, I was stuck in a toxic workplace and bracing myself to stay there for the coming five months. It was one of the toughest times in my life where I had  to try and try to keep my head above the water for the sake of sustenance and also being able to afford a visit back home. These are the ugly truths I'll never tell, that you'll never see when you're looking at happy pictures of me wherever you see them. The road has been very long but here's something no one will tell you — life is tough and that's just the way it is. You gotta keep it together. Things don't stay the same. Time keeps moving. Things will change and good days will arrive. And you will find happiness and get to keep it, no matter where you are, no matter who you are.

I'm grooving to this while typing right now. I don't know what to make of my Sunday today. My room is clean, the chores are done and food has been prepared for the week ahead. I allowed myself to sleep until 11 AM today and it was blissful. I even mustered the courage to walk to the bakery to grab some bread for brunch. Called mom and also watched an episode of Cuckoo. So I would say it's been a full day already in my dictionary.

Right now, I'm manifesting a video call with a friend, any friend, and just catching up — talking about everything and nothing and having a cup of tea together virtually. Writing and putting this short/incomplete post there because the husband believes I'll be a bestseller someday and writing everyday is good practice. We'll see when we get there.

Comments