New habits
It's a beautiful sunny day outside and the first week of the new year is past. How have I been doing? Well. Despite my belief that a "new year" is just another turn of the pages of an old calendar, it does have a placebo effect on me. So I decided that through my downs (or ups) this year, I am going to take control of my own life. Not that I didn't have any before but we happen to forget our resolutions in moments of weakness.
There is going to be no weakness this year.
I have always believed that you are your own only true friend. This holds the same for when/if you have a wonderful network of support. The initiative for change must always be taken individually first. You cannot expect to be helped if you don't help yourself.
This year, I'm letting go of all negative energy. I'm also finding the courage to stand up for myself - especially in front of people close to me. We often tend to ignore unhealthy habits and traits of the closest of our relationships.
This year is going to be about self-care.
I'm giving four written exams this semester and each one is more difficult than the next. It wasn't supposed to be this way but I happened to skip a couple of courses in the previous semesters for my own ease of mind, which I decided to take up now. I've been studying as well as I can, given my malfunctioning devices, and I hope to sit in all my exams feeling confident. But if I can't do it in the end, then it's alright.
Your health should always be on the top of your list.
I hope to finally get that mammogram done, which I have been putting off for years, out of sheer laziness. I hope that all other women reading this will do the same, if they haven't already. I always advise my loved ones to not be so casual about their health but here I am. This is going to change though. I am going to make an appointment this week.
Finally, I am grateful for all the warmth and joy in my life.
This year is going to be about self-care.
I'm giving four written exams this semester and each one is more difficult than the next. It wasn't supposed to be this way but I happened to skip a couple of courses in the previous semesters for my own ease of mind, which I decided to take up now. I've been studying as well as I can, given my malfunctioning devices, and I hope to sit in all my exams feeling confident. But if I can't do it in the end, then it's alright.
Your health should always be on the top of your list.
I hope to finally get that mammogram done, which I have been putting off for years, out of sheer laziness. I hope that all other women reading this will do the same, if they haven't already. I always advise my loved ones to not be so casual about their health but here I am. This is going to change though. I am going to make an appointment this week.
Finally, I am grateful for all the warmth and joy in my life.

Comments