Shadows at 4 AM

Among the things no one told me was that wedding anniversaries are much like shared birthdays — you’ve grown a year older, but together, and the day is equally special to the both of you. I feel like Christmas is here early and the weekend is full of surprises and absence of rules. Of course, as I say this, I can hear my husband’s soft snores; he’s not a natural morning person like I am. But still. It’s been a year around the sun for us as married people! I can almost imagine us five, ten, fifteen years later on this very day and how its meaning would keep evolving (and I’m here for the journey).

What does it feel like? Safe. Blissful. Adventurous.

We started watching Take This Waltz yesterday evening and left it somewhere at mid-point because we’re too old to sit through entire movies every time now. We did keep making notes at every mark so that was fun and intellectually stimulating. I think I would like to resume watching it with my breakfast this morning. I want to know what happens at the end. Besides, the color work is gorgeous.

*    *    *

I’ve been cooking so much this week. We planned to exclusively eat in to curb restaurant expenditures and I have to say we’ve been successful. It’s been a very good home food week. Lately, I’ve been enjoying working with my hands and trying new recipes. And since Thanksgiving is coming up, there's a lot more cooking to be done. We're invited to a potluck later during this week and I'm really excited about cooking a couple of things from my regular dinner menu for people who've never had anything like them. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, I'm typing from my new laptop and trying to get a feel for this new keyboard. I feel like the keys are too large for my tiny fingertips but let's see — maybe I'll get used to it sooner than I know. It does feel nice though to not be typing on a tablet or a mobile phone any longer. Kind of like the old days where I could keep writing for hours, thanks to an absence of other commitments in life.

I guess I should call it quits and catch some dying sun now. Until next time.

Comments

The Me. said…
OmG I am so hungry and its 1 am and I clicked on that insta profile. Now Im hungrier. :(

Oh and Happy anniversary. :D
TR said…
@ The Me.: thank you! :D

and I try to avoid that page when I'm hungry too!