06-06-2022

The date on this one keeps changing. It's been a while. After a very long time, I decided to travel a bit of distance to see my two best girlfriends over the long weekend. When I say a bit of distance, I mean long and endless hours on crowded trains and a few hours of exhausted socialising. But it was lovely. We got to catch up and eat great food together. And I got to be sad about how life gave me two great friends after forever and now I live too far away from them.

Still, I've liked my long weekend, if not enjoyed it fully, thanks to chaos on the public transport. And I love that it's a short week. And I'm counting down the days towards the beginning of summer and having a healthier routine.

My younger BIL once said something about "too much (personal) growth" and I feel it in my bones these days. It's been seven years of constant growth, not to mention all the years before (but these past ones have been the hardest). When is it going to be enough? After a decade of growing pains and growing itself, I've become an advocate of the sedentary, cocooned life. Everything moves too fast and I simply want to settle. A girl just wants to have her effing tea in peace sometimes. How the turn tables.

And now it's bedtime once more before the start of a fresh weekly grind.

Comments