Spring is coming

    

My husband, who has read a blog post and a half, believes I can and should be an author. The number of times I have heard people saying that to me in my life so far are too many to count. Meri jaan, just because I have the ability to string two English words together into a sentence with some semblance of (questionable) grammar does not a writer make.

A former employer of mine, who was honestly a very cool person so I hope he is reading this, was once talking about having difficult conversations with people — conversations in which controversial thoughts are put into words — ideas few, if any, might agree with. He told us of a sure-fire way of saying them without starting a sour argument. He opined (we'll get to this in juuust a second), "When I want to disagree with someone, I end my statement by saying in my personal opinion". Hah.

I braved a storm to go to the workplace today. I didn't have to do it but I wanted to. Can't say it was worth it, I was mostly by myself and ate by myself and it felt like a reminder of that brief period in middle school when I didn't have friends. It's exhausting to be at a place where you have to try very hard simply to be noticed, let alone fit in. Five hours in, my shoulder started to hurt, and it still does. Not funny how the body absorbs and remembers trauma.

Friday has been good though. I got to come home early, have a nice dinner and watch a beautiful film — all in the comfort of my sweet sweet bed. And then I remembered I had chocolates so that was dessert sorted for the evening. I don't think I want to go out until the storm has passed. I don't think I want to go out. I don't think anyone should have to go out for anything. I think capitalism is more than a lie, it's a conspiracy. If all of us quit together, something can change but until we don't, it won't.

In my personal opinion.

Comments