Dard tham jayega, gham na kar
Isn't it a relief when you come to terms with your own terms on how you want to live this life? And isn't it amusing when the perpetrators of a certain kind of lifestyle keep poking into your affairs, trying to figure out when you're going to start looking as miserable as them? If only "people" could convince me of anything, I'd be in a much different place right now, and one that I wouldn't be too pleased about. So alhamdulillah for a brain that actually works.
I didn't get to witness snow this year. The closest I got was a bit of frost on a bench last week and some frozen raindrops that melted by the time they hit the ground. I remember this time last year because these pictures are from back then. I remember getting on a train with a friend to go see what was supposed to be my next home while trudging through a bunch of snow. It was freezing, our faces and our hands were red. And it wasn't the easiest following Google Maps when all landmarks were buried in the snow. But we made it. It was lovely. And we closed the deal at a place where I have been for the past year. Almost exactly one year.
I woke up this morning and felt like making a cup of tea, something which I don't do every morning, and ran into M who also yawned her way downstairs to brew a cup of coffee. We sat together with our drinks for the first time I think, and talked for two hours straight — about as much as we could. A lot was said, a lot left unsaid due to time constraints, but we were glad to have had that impromptu conversation. Life passes by so fast these days, it's just wonderful to sit down for a few moments and hear a friendly voice.
***
They said this date — 22-02-2022 — is never going to to come again so I thought I should go ahead and publish this half-baked post.
Comments