These days


If you could believe I've been trying to finish this post for a month now, you'd be shocked. Or something close to it. It's really been that long, so I've made a few edits.

*    *    *

Time is moving really slow and the cold, cold weather isn't helping. We have a snowstorm warning today so there's no going out for either of us. I really did want to go to the mall but it's going to have to wait. Anyway, this is a bimonthly update so let's get to what I've been up to. I've not been frequenting the library this month in February, and am still reading Rafia Zakaria's Against White Feminism. I actually had another book on hold but didn't feel well enough to go pick it up. So I'm going to have to reorder it. Also, I bought a cute little story book but it never got delivered. I'm thinking someone liked it more and stole it (or it got delivered to the wrong address). I just hope whoever has it now it enjoying it.

The other week, I made marble cake and it turned out glorious. I sent some to my husband's office and his colleagues loved it too. I like that there's a place where I can share the sweet things I bake because there's only so much we can eat by ourselves.

*    *    *

I actually finished reading both the books I mentioned (yes, the other one miraculously arrived). I'm currently waiting for the weather to calm down so I can go pick up the new book that Lotte recommended. Books have really been my respite this year – hibernating this winter, it was easy to feel like I wasn't being productive or social enough. I even forced myself to start (and finish!) a Coursera course and meet some people but the heart, mind and body don't really enjoy things they are forced to encounter. Out of everything, I have been enjoying reading and not feeling like a sloth while curled up in bed with a new book every week. 

Some retail therapy also happened this week, which I feel somewhat guilty about even though it was just some things I needed. I'm high-key excited about receiving my packages though. What's not happening is any savings this month but that's alright because I did that last month. I also haven't planned the weekly menu in a while. I was thinking of making some tuna pizza with olives maybe on the weekend. I recently made a yummy pot of biryani too. But mostly have been waiting on my lovely husband's graciousness in cooking me little meals full of love.

With Ramzan around the corner, we've been stocking up to make special goodies during the month. Dates and aata and dahi boondi and what not. I'm excited about the pakoray and the roadside stall style chaat. What a funny thing to say about a month of worship but I really am excited about the snack-ish food. God, life really is that slow these days, isn't it?

Comments