Let’s see what tomorrow brings
Oct 11: Today seemed like the perfect day to leave the house and head over to the library. My new book is here and I wanted to pick it up — everyone’s been raving about it, The Thursday Murder Club, and I wanted to see what it was about too. I also had a tiny writing task that I decided to execute outside of home (reader, I was successful). The only thing not working in my favour is that the chair isn’t stable and keeps moving and how some of the roads are still closed for roadwork and I had to make a couple of tricky crossings. But besides that, the weather is gorgeous — it’s finally fall — and I have a great playlist on.
* * *
Oct 15: What I do and who exactly I am are a little hard to talk about within the first five minutes of meeting. Here, you seem to gain social capital if you’re the fastest, most “sharp-witted”. My days of lounging in the sun beams are over, I’m made to feel. I need to be faster too, I’m told. But here’s the deal: I’m perfectly in tune with my slowness, this reflection of events post-events, in the quietness of existence. I think I’ve hung around very different people — so much more quieter and older and mature that it’s hard to now find common ground with true millennials. I love you but I don’t want to see you again.
* * *
Oct 17: It’s grey again outside and I have barely left the bed. I did wake up early today and wrapped up my chores in advance. To be honest, today’s plan was to take it easy and do nothing at all, which I seem to have (mostly) achieved. But it’s very very quiet and I can’t wait for my husband to return home. And I can’t wait for tomorrow and to get back into my routine. The joy is aplenty but I think the weather has tired me out significantly. I’m trying my best to stay warm out here, huddled close to the fire of my new novel and some comfort food. Going to hit publish on this now.

Comments