Track of time

Four days have passed and I found myself writing down the date as July today. Life's been busy, but busy in a good way. Thought I'd log in here to write a few words while I wait for my husband to return home — I'm hungry and we always have dinner together, no matter what day of the week it is.

What do you do and what have you been up to are questions I get asked a lot these days. If (economic) productivity wasn't the marker of success for the inquiring, I'd talk their ears off. I've been thinking a lot about the future and the way everything is panning out worldwide. I'm not so sure I want to do the things I used to want just a few months from now. I encourage and celebrate people who still want much more out of whatever this thing called life is. For myself, at the moment, I'm happy just getting by. I have waited very long to be able to rest.

I found Lean In in one of the neighbourhood libraries a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to read it since it came highly recommended once upon a time. On TV, it's been many things at once, some with the husband, others by myself. I recently finished the latest season of Virgin River and have ardent thoughts about it. I keep checking my bi-monthly grocery list to make sure I've not missed anything. Where is all the cooking oil going? A few meals and we're half a litre down.

It's time to call it a day.

Comments

The Me. said…
I just started the new season. What are your thoughts? I have some thoughts of my.own but will wait for this season to end first.

I fully agree with the productivity bit. Every time I'm asked what I've been upto, it's ten vague answers and none that I like. I wish I could talk about so much more. 100% relate.
TR said…
@ The Me: So many thoughts every season! Won't say much to keep you safe from spoilers. Generally though? I think Mel could make much better choices. I don't know why the producers are pushing for the bigger person / true love plot so much (I guess because it sells)

I wish I could talk so much more about it too. One of these days I might because we matter too, even if our lives are different from the others. Currently, I don't like my answers either but I'm trying to make myself understand that life can be different and different can be good. I don't know if this makes sense.

Thank you for dropping by!