Now I'm writing a blog post like it's 2007
I guess this is a good time to write a blog post, seeing as I've dropped my somewhat-beloved 5-year-old phone into a steaming pot of shakshuka tonight. The husband says it'll be alright and if not, we can get me a new phone — but it makes me sad to know how something I took care of for years is now damaged. Anyway, such is life and a good one it lived. I got so many great years out of that device, took it everywhere I went in the world and snapped 1000s of photographs with it.
But yes, we're back to our usual old-school broadcast for 24 hours. If I don't come back, my phone is alright. If I do, it could mean anything.
So what's been up? Let's see. I decided grad school wasn't it for me and chose to continue working instead. I got engaged and then married to my long-partner and the absolute love of my life. I travelled to a very touristy destination (Istanbul) and rode a ferry for the first time. I started eating fruit, which I've hated all my years and have been feeling more energetic than before. What else? Dropped 10 pounds when I changed my diet and have greatly improved my relationship with food. Didn't learn to play an instrument but I try occasionally — and yes, it's the uke. I learnt to be more patient and much more brave. I learnt that at no point in life do I want to reach a stage where I say I know it all, there's nothing left for me to learn. I got to spend twice as much time with my parents last year, after COVID-19 border closures kept us apart for three years. I lost my beloved 14-year-old cat (she was often mentioned on this site) to an illness. Oh, and I turned the big three-oh. Shush.
There's still so much left to do and a long way to go before I can rest but I'm ready for all the adventures life may bring my way. I feel it's better to look ahead and be positive than shrink from the unknown and live in fear. There is nothing to fear — you are not alone.
Comments