Whatever o' clock
| Where in the world was Carmen Sandiego? |
Naturally, I could be doing half a dozen other things but here I am, procrastinating my way through this life. I never thought of myself as last-minute Lucy but, well. I'm taking a break from The Left Hand of Darkness and have since been racing through Ferrante's The Days of Abandonment in a desperate attempt to take it off my "reading-right-now shelf" on which it has been for almost 2 years. Speaking of which, next of my list are her 4-part Neapolitan Novels, upon which the HBO series My Brilliant Friend is based (highly recommended!). And yes, like some other people, I have also hate-watched my way through the latest season of La Casa de Papel.
I have spent a couple of hours hunched over my laptop today and now I find myself wondering why my back hurts. Who really knows, at this point?
I ended up cooking enough food for three adult human beings — which is also the number of people I actually live with — but no one ate it, and I was left with the task of finishing whatever I could not refrigerate. I was very happy to oblige. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I work out and maybe, just maybe, I won't be so scared of stepping outside into the sun and going for a little walk.
I really miss my walks. I used to average 90 km every month and even reaching 10 seems hard these days. I hope things get better soon. Some of us just want to breathe in some air without worrying we may be inhaling a deadly virus (I know that's not how it works but tell that to a paranoid mind, won't you).
Anyway, I ended up rewatching Columbus today. It was nice. That is all.
* * *
I have spent a couple of hours hunched over my laptop today and now I find myself wondering why my back hurts. Who really knows, at this point?
I ended up cooking enough food for three adult human beings — which is also the number of people I actually live with — but no one ate it, and I was left with the task of finishing whatever I could not refrigerate. I was very happy to oblige. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I work out and maybe, just maybe, I won't be so scared of stepping outside into the sun and going for a little walk.
I really miss my walks. I used to average 90 km every month and even reaching 10 seems hard these days. I hope things get better soon. Some of us just want to breathe in some air without worrying we may be inhaling a deadly virus (I know that's not how it works but tell that to a paranoid mind, won't you).
Anyway, I ended up rewatching Columbus today. It was nice. That is all.
Comments