20-20

Spring 2020 in Boston

Occasionally (read, once a year), I'll visit this dashboard and wonder, "Who are these people that still visit my blog to this day?" It makes no sense. I haven't written a sentence in a while, and I haven't even bothered to visit my blog to see when I last posted something. It was probably sometime in the middle of 2019 because god knows I've been on my feet since late '19.

* * *

Writing something down doesn't feel all too bad, however. But the question remains: what do I write anymore — and how? And for what kind of audience? The last few blogs I visited all had posts with that one mundane line going something like "to whoever is reading, if anyone's reading at all". I think that one's been overdone and we all know someone's always reading, even if by accident.

Anyway, it's the brink of a new decade and we're all indoors, wherever in the world we are. Just like you, this also gives me plenty of time to pick up on things I've been able to focus on thus far: learning that one language I keep ignoring, finishing 7 of those half-read books (now 6!), trying out new recipes, and working out. Have I been doing any of that though? Well, if trying counts then yes — yes, I have. I recently finished reading Lori Gottlieb's Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, which is an anonymised account of a therapist who is also seeking therapy. It is well-deserved of the 4.4 stars it has on Goodreads and I would recommend it to anyone stuck in a rut and/or even considering therapy. I found it to be written in a refreshing manner and once I got hooked onto the plot, it was difficult for me to put the book down.

I have since moved onto Ursula K. Le Guin's The Left Hand of Darkness, which is something I started "reading" with my book club all the way back in 2018. Although I'm a fan of science fiction, I've been unable to develop much of an interest for this story, which I'm pretty sad about because it's supposedly one of the greats of sci-fi. I think I'd like to revisit it sometime later. In my experience, some books age well and seem much more interesting at a second or third reading.

But that's all from me for now. It seems like it's my turn to clean the bathroom (again) so I'll be off.

Comments

The Me. said…
So glad people are writing again. Hi!
TR said…
Glad to see you here! Hi!
Furree Katt said…
Hi! <3 Good to see you!

I've found this opportunity to also read all my unread books. I'm currently almost done with The Outsider by Stephen King. It's so scary. Lol
TR said…
Hey Furree, good to see you too! <3

I have a Stephen King novel on my shortlist too! (Misery)