I'm sure it's beautiful but

I can't take another car ride. Or train or plane. Unless I absolutely have to. My bones are old. I like staying home and nesting indoors. It is what it is and I enjoy it, "it" being resting. There's a lot of thinking going on on the career front. I'm rusty, you know? I haven't been working for three years now albeit my work since then has been very different and largely invisible.

*    *    *

You wouldn't believe what I've been up to since I last wrote that--more traveling! Coast to coast. And I left the place I liked the most (I just never knew I liked it that much). My days look a lot like organizing around the house and trying to make it a home. And trying to make the days engaging and fun for my baby girl through it all. I'm grateful for rest and I could certainly use more. And my work is far from done. Setting up a new home takes time but we don't want it to take too much time being such homebodies. Still, I think there's been lots of progress given that I'm also running what I like to call "mommy daycare" on the side.

It's cool and all to travel and having Experiences but I do like staying put. However, for someone who likes to stay put, I sure do keep moving, mostly of my own accord but sometimes because there's no other choice. It would have been nice to have a choice during those other times.

*    *    *

We're watching Twin Peaks for the first time these days and are downright hooked. I look forward to our silent date nights with or without dinner and then an episode or a half. And just having to unpack what we saw and what it could mean. Besides that, I watched a trashy romcom after a very long time and it was fun. I let my kid join in on some of the parts. She liked the goats and wanted to see them again.

I've been sewing too and amassing a very large and very heavy collection of fabrics for future projects. I need to work through them but my work has been on hold thanks to the move. There's just so much I'd love to try and sew but so very little time that I can manage to do so. Oh well. C'est la vie.

*    *    *

So anyway, if there's one thing I could change about the way the world worked, I'd try to reduce the amount of packaging material that's being used everywhere these days. My carbon footprint is massive and I don't even do much else. It would be really nice to also not have so much recycling trash to take out every other day. Yeah. I think I'd like that very much.


Comments