We have each other


This is my third attempt at writing something. The last few words I wrote sounded like "the blog of a 13-year-old", a description that my husband used for another blog he read recently and I couldn't stop being amused at the accuracy. Everything I'm trying to write these days sounds like that and I'm left wondering whether I should even put anything out here or not. I guess it would be alright to write just this that I'm doing well and I'm feeling well and that I'm happy and taking care of myself and my little family. I'm very grateful during the days there's abundance and even during the days there's not; I don't know of any other way to live. There's not one singular thing in my life that makes me most happy––everything does. But I guess, if I really had to pick one, it would be my baby. Even when I least expect it, she makes me smile and just brightens up my entire world.

Speaking of baby, she's grown much older to have contact naps so when she chooses to have one, such as right this instance, it feels comforting. Baby has just found out that if she's cold, I'm going to wrap my day robe around her so she'll be stuffed inside like a perfect little samosa. I don't know how long I can do it this morning though, allowing her to nap on me, because lo and behold—I fell ill a couple of days ago. I suspect it was at the shop we went to that didn't seem like it had been ventilated for a week or so. Or perhaps it was nazar? We had a visitor recently who could not stop gushing about our cozy little life, which in truth is a work in progress but they don't have  that perspective. 

Anyway, I'm sniffly and trying not to cough and still don't feel energetic enough. You might be wondering where the husband is in all of this. Well. He has been a stellar caretaker these past few days so I thought I'd give him a little break before he resumes his dadly duties tomorrow. What else? Because I was sick and because of all else, we skipped Christmas this year. Every day we wonder if it will ever end. And yet, It will be a new year again in just a few days. I remember what the last one was like. We also rang it in in illness and learnt soon after that we'd have a new roommate towards the end of the year. It was a Big Thing and therefore quite daunting despite the many plans and discussions beforehand. But if you asked me after it had passed, I would have said that it has been every bit worth it. Amid all the gloom, is this little face we wake up to, and sleep to, everyday. And now we get to start a(nother) new year with her, this time earthside. 

Comments