Non-update


An acquaintance of mine once visited the UK and sent me this picture because she knew I loved Pusheen (at least back then). For today, it makes for a great random cover  for this non-update. I was just scrolling around after a couple of months, saw that nobody else has written any posts here in a while, and thought I could do so instead.

Things still seem to be the same - lockdowns, test results, home office, zoom university, long distance relationships - but altogether they have assumed a tone of normalcy in my life. I have to admit, I'm quite comfortable living this way and do not understand the majority need for a "normal" life. But that is my privilege speaking. I would, personally, like to continue living like a part-time hermit, occasionally poking my head out to stock up on some vitamin D.

Things that I've done recently? Cleaned and watered my peace lilies, flown 6000 miles back and forth, finished a couple of assignments, did a mass of laundry, and managed to feed myself fresh food daily. To put it all in a nutshell. What do I plan to do next? Catch up on exercise - stretch, stretch, stretch - and eat some rice (which I'm very lazy about cooking). I have some chicken and veggies on the menu today, the former marinated overnight. Now watch me ruin a perfectly good potential meal by experimenting a tad bit too much with the process.

What did we write about back in the day? Every single day? I feel like each day is the same now (alhamdulillah) and I have no complaints. Gone is the time when I wanted my life to be exciting and adventurous. Just being able to live and breathe these days is bliss enough. I'm so grateful for it all and I wish you all the same.

P.S.: I've been so preoccupied that I just didn't remember today was a public holiday but thank goodness for the habit of doing my groceries in advance.

Comments