Adulting


The word's really taken up a negative connotation but I haven't experienced it to be so bad.

As of late, I've had many meetings and interviews lined up. Since I like to go in prepared very well, I haven't had the chance to take out actual quality time for myself (Netflix doesn't count) and now that I have a free weekend coming up, I honestly don't know what to do with it. My options are that I could just walk around my own town, window-shop, have an ice cream, see if any of my friends are willing to join me — or I could travel. 

But all I'm really looking forward to doing is being able to sleep sans stress and not having to wake up hours before an alarm because there is no alarm.

It's all good.

When I revived my blog roughly a year ago, I remember writing about entering a new phase of life. Well, today, I want to write about how, as an adult, this "entering a new phase of life" turns into an entire process that keeps happening every year. When I look back into my childhood, I cannot recall too many instances where I felt like life had changed significantly or was about to change. But if I look back from this year until 2012, things have kept happening and changing rapidly every single year.

There has been so much growth and even more potential to grow again.

In my late-20s, I would only leave you with the tiniest nugget of wisdom: nothing stays the same forever. Not the good, and certainly not the bad. And all we can really do is give every phase of our life our best shot and keep sailing on.

Comments